Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Dear Andromeda - 11 months

Dearest Meda, 

Spring is here at last! We were lucky to spend a lot of time outdoors - soccer games, playing in the yard, walks, parks, you name it!

Milestones/Special Firsts:

*You're just really happy to be so mobile now. You follow everyone around the house, room to room, not wanting to miss anything. You have also started to climb stairs! 

*You celebrated your first traditional Easter. We spent much of the day at your Aunt Shelley's house for brunch. Your favorite menu items were the German potato salad, egg bake & cheesy potatoes! It was one of the first really nice days out. We had so much fun just hanging out together on their front lawn soaking up the sunshine. 

Things You Like Right Now:

*You love spending time with your cousins! We celebrated Ivy's 2nd birthday in Neenah. You also spent a lot of time with your cousins Thea & Thanos this month as we were together celebrating the newest PHFB cousin, Del. I remember Thea sitting next to you and being so happy that you were playing now. It's like you transitioned from being 'just a baby' to an official member of the cousin crew. You want to be where all the action is! 

*Buckwheat! I'm so glad you're getting to spend some quality time with him. I was worried he wouldn't be around much longer after you were born, but to my surprise he has and the two of you have had the chance to have many moments together. You love playing beside him, crawling on him, and giving him lots of mockies. You're due for an outfit change at least twice a day from all the Buckwheat hair! 

*Eating on the go! We still don't prefer to dine indoors with Covid, so oftentimes mommy will do a curbside pick up and we will eat in the van! You think this is pretty fun! 

*Outside. You love the swings and have even started going down slides!

Things You Don't Like Right Now:

*Life is good. You're pretty content just being with the family, although not thrilled to wear the science goggles in the bathtub. 

Your Siblings:

*Leo is the first one to show you the ropes. He likes to teach you everything and watch out for you. He sometimes has to be reminded not to be so rough when playing with you. Elle is a mini mama. If there is ever a time I need to tend to something else, she is thrilled to swoop in and take the reigns. Ari continues to be the sibling you count on when you need a good laugh. His favorite time to play with you is before bed. I believe this may be strategic to avoid bedtime just a little big longer. 

Your Dad:

*You love your daddy and it amazes me how content you can be just hanging with him. He's your safe place & that truly melts me. He misses you so much as he just started going back to work in person. Daddy is counting down the days until summer break.

Your Mom:

*If you could just hang out playing with me all day, you would be in heaven. You're just giddy when I sit on the floor with you and play. And I wish I could just hang on the floor with you all day too. You like to help me with my workouts by crawling all over me. I'm soaking up every minute of our nursing chapter. One of the most special parts of the day is taking breaks from work to nurse you. You look up at me and play with my mouth the whole time. It's our quiet time together, just the two of us. 

You are so very special to all of us baby girl. I can't believe you're approaching your first birthday already! Life is so good when we have you to love. 

Love, 

Your Mommy 

No comments: