Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Dear Alexandra...1 Month Old

Dear Alexandra,

You are already a month old and still as sweet as ever.  When describing you to others, I literally say "She is the perfect baby."  It's the truth...you are so content and easy to take care of.  I've enjoyed being home with you so much. I try and take lots of pictures because I want to capture so many memories of you...bottle them up...and hold on to them forever.





Milestones/stats/firsts:
-At your last doctor appointment, our pediatrician gave us the go ahead to let you sleep as long as you would like through the night. You gained a good deal of weight, so she said it wasn't necessary to wake you anymore to nurse. Thank goodness because you have been a show off in the sleep department.  We put you down in your bassinet around 9 each night and you sleep for 6+ hours each night.  We usually do a feeding and diaper change around 3:30/4:00 a.m.  When we put you back down, you easily put yourself back to sleep.  You don't need any coddling, rocking, patting, etc.  We just simply lay you back down and you fall back to sleep without putting up a fuss. You usually sleep until 7:00 a.m. and find yourself hungry again.  
-You were 11 pounds, 13.5 ounces and 23 1/4 inches long at your 1 month doctor's appointment. 
-Mommy caught one of your first smiles on video. You flashed it at mommy when we were laying in bed on the day you turned 1 month old. 
-You spent your first night away from home.  We stayed at Nonee and Papou's for the weekend while out there for Don and Mary's wedding.  You were such a precious angel at the wedding.  I had so much fun dancing with you.  


 Napping at Nonee's 

Still napping 

- You downed your first bottle! Mommy went to visit cousin Nicole and Daddy and your brother gave you your first bottle.  Daddy sent me a picture while I was gone and I was so proud of you.  

Things You Like Right Now:
- Sleep! You have a few awake sessions throughout the day, but they don't usually last that long.  I keep saying to myself, "I don't remember Ari sleeping this much."  I find it challenging to get some pictures of you awake.  








-You love coming into the bathroom when mommy or daddy take a shower.  We put you in your bouncer and you enjoy the sound of the fan and shower running.  You tend to stay awake during the shower and look around.  You especially like looking at the door, which mommy teases you about.  
-You also like the sound of the vacuum.  If you're fussing and mommy is vacuuming, you instantly stop fussing and just look around contently.  
- You still love to be swaddled.  The second daddy swaddles you at night, you just seem so satisfied.  You know it's time for bed.  
-You like taking a bath, as long as everything is perfect.  The water has to be just right and the bathroom needs to be overly toasty.  We usually crank up the heat to 75 for a half an hour before starting your bath with the bathroom door closed, so it gets nice and warm in there for you.  If you get chilled at all, it's over and you get upset.  But as long as everything is just right, you are as happy as can be.  

First bath

 Exhausted

 Love your robe


Your current dislikes:
-Blocked tear duct! Your left eye is getting worse.  It drains continuously throughout the day and even seals shut throughout the night.  You aren't overly pleased with mommy wiping it with a washcloth throughout the day.  
- Your first cold.  I think you caught this from your dear brother who brought it home from daycare.  You have a runny nose.  
-Milk coming out of your nose! Yes, sometimes you burp and milk squirts out of your nose.  
- Heat rash...it's hit us again.  You get overheated very quickly in your bunting. It's difficult to regulate your temperature in that thing, but it's been so cold outside ...we don't have a choice.  We just try to open it up a bit once in the car and get you out of it as soon as we can.  

Your Dad:
-After we get Ari to bed, Mommy cuddles up on the couch and falls asleep too.  This is usually around 7:00 p.m.  This is the time Daddy gets you all to himself.  You snuggle with your dad, while Daddy enjoys a huge glass of pink lemonade (or cranberry juice) and watches some tv.  Sometimes you fuss a little bit during this time, but you are easily soothed...usually a change in position or view does the trick.  
- Daddy gets up with you in the middle of the night when you wake up around 3:30/4:00.  He changes your diaper and gets you all swaddled up again before nursing.  
- Daddy really enjoyed grocery shopping with you.  You cuddled up on his chest..and slept...almost the entire time.  


Whole Foods shopping trip

Your first bottle

-You received your first Valentine's rose from Daddy.  This was so special to me as I've been receiving them since we got engaged on Valentine's Day 10 years ago.  Now Daddy has two special girls in his life. 


Sleeping with your rose

Your Brother:
-Gosh, Ari sure has a lot of love for you already! He must give you 20 kisses a day.  He also likes to help mommy burp you by patting your back lightly.  If he sees a blanket anywhere in the room, he will shake it out and literally throw it on you.  He wants you to be nice and warm, taken care of.  When I change your diaper, he asks to come up and sit on the changing table.  He sits next to you and watches me change your diaper.  He also likes to give you high fives and fist pumps. We are always reminding him to be gentle...he's working on that! :)  Ari just finished his last week of daycare and now he is home everyday with you. 


 He wanted you to sit with him

 Valentine's Day

Playing outside

Cuddling with Ari before bed

Your Mom:
-I can't get over how perfect you are! I find myself just hugging you so tight.  I am still in shock that I have a little girl, a daughter.  God sure saved the best for me, when he sent me you.  
-We did a lot of cuddling and snuggling the past couple weeks.  I knew Ari was finishing up daycare and I would be busier with him being home to tend to, so I made sure to snuggle with you every second I could.  
-One of my most special motherhood moments ever was dancing with you at the wedding we went to.  I had always dreamed of having a child to dance with at a wedding.  Dancing with you was surreal - I had to keep asking myself if it was really happening.  It's a moment we shared that I will never forget.  


At the wedding 

 Monday morning snuggles

 Happy as can be

Helping mommy clean

I'm so excited for what this next month will bring.  It's my last full month of maternity leave.  I plan to soak up every single second. 

Love, 

Your Mommy

No comments: