Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The First Few Minutes of Ari's Life

Here is the video of Ari being born.  I don't know if you remember from my posts when he was born, it was quite a traumatic labor and C-section.  It wasn't the typical, pull the baby out and hear its beautiful cries.  Ari was 11 days late, went through a lot of distress during labor, and had a bowel movement in the womb before he arrived. I'm so grateful to the doctors who worked on Ari that day.  They first helped clear his lungs of all the meconium and then helped him breathe.  Afterwards, he spent about 2 hours in the NICU.  Eight weeks later it is still hard for me to watch this.  I so vividly remember laying there during those moments of silence as I was waiting  to hear whether or not my son was okay.  It sure was a scary experience, but all that matters  is that he did arrive safe and healthy...my prayers were answered.  :)


6 comments:

Momma Bee said...

Oh my gosh!
I'm sitting here bawling - scream Ari scream!!!
Poor little guy! How scary!
Finally the cry!
Holy cow - I don't think I prepared for this whole 'birth' thing. Cant they just stay inside?
It's so scary!

Jessica said...

You have me here bawling!! He is just so precious!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That was excruciating to watch, even for me, even knowing that everything turned out okay! I don't know how you survived those very, very long minutes mama!

Anonymous said...

PS, we were not allowed to use any video in our OR...I wish we had been and I could watch the delivery from a different POV.

amy said...

I was holding my breath, and we know he's happy and healthy now! The pics from the last post O.M.G...he is GORGEOUS!! I just want to squeeze him, I imagine you are in heaven :) Hope you are doing great!!

M said...

How scary!! I'm so glad he is okay. He's so handsome.